Monday, February 15, 2010

Vintage








I always love looking at family photos, at personal pieces of history. I was cleaning my room and found an old jewlery box filled with photos from my mom and Bubby's childhood. I figured I'd share.

1. This is my great great (great?) grandpa, Friedrich Paulsen. He was a philosopher and educator in Berlin. Maybe you've heard of him? 1938.

2. My grandma as a newborn in Berlin. 1940.

3. My grandma with my mom's dad at a party. Circa 1963-ish?

4. My grandma being nursed by her mother. Such a gorgeous picture, right? 1940.

5. My grandma's mother and father in 1937.


And now I'm off to catch up on the Olympics. Good night :)

2 comments:

jamie said...

great pictures--lovely to look back at one's family history.
p.s. is your date correct for picture 4 (agree-it is beautiful)correct?It looks much more modern than 1940.

Lauren said...

I see what you mean, it DOES look more modern. But yes, I just double-checked the back of the photo and it says 1940. Interesting :)